Thursday, January 8, 2009

slinggy activity

In my science class we are learning about waves and how they move. One activity we did which helped us learn about transverse waves and longitudinal waves was when my science teacher gave each group a long sling. My partner and I stood in the hall way of our school and one student held one side and I help the other side. We stood far apart from each other and while one of us was holding our side firmly so we wouldn't move, the other person moved their arm up and down. This caused a transverse wave. When the wave begun it moved from one side to the other and it did this three times until it stopped in the middle, on it's way back to my partner.
I think this activity is very fun, it taught me about how waves travel to and from each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment